• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No-life people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-life people

They are always the same people. They can't finish before 7 or 8 pm. How many in your company?

I would say a good 10% here. Not so bad afterall. I feel sorry for them.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko
    They are always the same people. They can't finish before 7 or 8 pm. How many in your company?

I would say a good 10% here. Not so bad afterall. I feel sorry for them.
    It's 7:40 pm. Think I'll have an early night.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Surely anyone sane would rather sit at home with a microwaved TV dinner watching TV than spend it at work. Maybe they have really horrible families!!!!!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Charging on a Time and Materials basis?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          How many in your company?.
          In mine? None. I'm the only employee and working past 5 is a crime in my eyes.

Comment

i normally get it around 8.30 and work till just after 6. Normally after i leave my line manager is the only person left
            Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I've seen it a lot. I do it sometimes but not every day

I don't think the people who spend that much time there actually get more done esp. in software development as they start making mistakes and bad decisions which cost more time to fix down the line.
              All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

I've been there before. Sometimes it's easier to get stuff done after hours.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Franko's just bitter as he is an employee and does not get his over hours paid

make hay while the sun shines lads, work all the hours you can (while not getting kicked out by your missus)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    Franko's just bitter as he is an employee and does not get his over hours paid

make hay while the sun shines lads, work all the hours you can (while not getting kicked out by your missus)

Milan.
                    Aye Milan, ney, I am not bitter. Besides, decision is taken, either euroland asap or the possibility of working 50% time in UK and 50% from home in Eastern europe. Future looks bright, not as bright as for SAP people but not too bad either. It's just sasguru that gets on my nerves but I never had too much patience with pompous idiots.

As you move quite frequently around Europe I have a question for you: do you move furniture too with you?
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X