• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New thread, old Theme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New thread, old Theme

OK, been contracting without any hitches for 10+ years and now...

BABOOM!

My agency send an email saying that they want nothing to do with me from jan 1st 2007 - three months into a contract.
    Nopayment at all for this year.

Why would they?

Are they going under?

They are a well-known company with several "best-practice" awards.......

Name & Shame.

How come you've not been paid in 2007 and it's already the end of Q1? Weren't alarm bells ringing?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by fluger
      They are a well-known company with several "best-practice" awards.......
      Those awards - are they "best practice" from an agent's point of view, things like advertising the most phantom jobs, and screwing contractors out of the highest markups?

Name and shame!

BTW Alf's right - weren't you alerted by a lack of payment so far this year?

Comment

Fluger, you have to find a way of naming them

there could be others on here who are vulnerable
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Old theme

The three months was nothing unusual, I had been doing that for 3 years.
          They really started pushing for the Q1 invoices on the 23rd March, then I get the "don't call us" on the 27th. I have also been told via telephone NOT to submit the invoices under any circumstances.

A colleague has received the same "don't call us" email this morning.

Name and shame eh.......difficult without liability.

If they cannot resolve this by Friday then I shall.

Comment

They really started pushing for the Q1 invoices on the 23rd March, then I get the "don't call us" on the 27th. I have also been told via telephone NOT to submit the invoices under any circumstances.

I believe a firm called Strutter Direct may be able to help you in this type of situation.

Good Luck

Comment

Fluger -

I doubt whether the agency would or could do anything if you hinted at their name on here, or even published the email with people's names removed - especially if they've sent the same email to other contractors.

I would say that you have an albeit unwritten obligation to warn other contractors, if as you say it is a 'well known agency'. If you act decisively and get the client involved as well as other contractors, you can help mitigate potential losses.

Agencies in the past have gone into administration then re-appeared under similar names with the same clients - I think Chamberlain Scott were re-born as Chamberlain Scott International (UK) Limited - I believe contractors ended up getting approx 3p in the £1 from the Administrators

Comment

People for the Technology of today and tomorrow

Comment

Computer Futures?
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Wrong, try again!

Hint: Agency Directory

Comment

Working...
                    X