• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's Response to Iran: Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's Response to Iran: Discuss

So Blair's started posturing about "the next phase" which translates to "we'll tell everyone how naughty Iran has been". Like, that will work.

The US is completely silent (surprise, surprise)

Retired Top Brass interviewed on the BBC World Service on Friday reckons we need to make our Rules of Engagement "more robust" i.e shoot the f*ckers out of the sea next time.

I reckon we have a hostage situation just like the yanks had in Iran in 1979.
    The Rag Heads won't take US soldiers as hostages cuz it will rack up the military option for the US.

The Brits are being made to look like a bunch of pussies by a bunch of Rag Heads. I'm surprised insurgent elements of the BNP aren't burning mosques across the UK.

Personally, I predict within the next 6 months, Israel will, with US approval, go in for air strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities - makes sense Ama-whatis-******* name wants to wipe Israel off the map (motive for Israel) and the US cannot be accused of aggression.

Let's have a (serious) discussion for once.

I think we should use what we have paid for and trident the ****ers back to the stone age.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      So Blair's started posturing about "the next phase" which translates to "we'll tell everyone how naughty Iran has been". Like, that will work.

Retired Top Brass interviewed on the BBC World Service on Friday reckons we need to make our Rules of Engagement "more robust" i.e shoot the f*ckers out of the sea next time.

The Rag Heads won't take US soldiers as hostages cuz it will rack up the military option for the US.

The Brits are being made to look like a bunch of pussies by a bunch of Rag Heads. I'm surprised insurgent elements of the BNP aren't burning mosques across the UK.

Personally, I predict within the next 6 months, Israel will, with US approval, go in for air strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities - makes sense Ama-whatis-******* name wants to wipe Israel off the map (motive for Israel) and the US cannot be accused of aggression.

Good one, Sock Puppet (nice to know some one in the East Midlands is online) but Trident ain't independent - we need the Yanks to launch it. We're just a nuclear power by proxy. Would anthrax work - Porton Down has sh*t loads of the stuff (purely for research purposes allegedly)

Comment

Good one, Sock Puppet (nice to know some one in the East Midlands is online) but Trident ain't independent - we need the Yanks to launch it. We're just a nuclear power by proxy. Would anthrax work - Porton Down has sh*t loads of the stuff (purely for research purposes allegedly)
        I'm sure we can trick the yanks into giving us the codes, or we could just hot wire them.

Comment

Any code crunchers here who could hack the Pentagon and realise Sock Puppet's briliant idea?

Comment

Sockpuppet why don't you join the TA, with any luck you'll get called up and sent over there to "sort the ragheads out".
            Lets just pray you can't get internet access out there.

Comment

UK Hostages

Apparently the silence of the USA on this matter may be due to the fact that they have held 5 Iranians in Iraq (Unconfirmed www.mg.co.za)

They dont know where the soldiers are, and its not like some tinpot African country where they can send in the Marines to get them out.
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

What a bunch of pussies for been captured in the first place, an armed patrol with a fecking great frigate in attendance is captured without so much as a whimper... Nelson must be spinning in his grave

Also the emotional headlines about the woman captured (Faye Turney ,mother of a three year old blah blah blah) demonstrates all the reasons why females should not be in combat situations.

As to the response - there is very little we can do

No Entebbe style raid
                No debacle in the desert

The only good thing is that it is showing the world what a useless tw*t Blair really is
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  What a bunch of pussies for been captured in the first place, an armed patrol with a fecking great frigate in attendance is captured without so much as a whimper... Nelson must be spinning in his grave

I find that statement a bit harsh. Unfair to call them a "bunch of pussies for been(being) captured in the first place". Its called ROE (Rules Of Engagement) if the sailors that were captured did not adhere to these ROE's then they leave themselves open for disicplinary action (discharge from the services and possible jail sentence). As well as that, the political implications of the fighting with the Iranians would be huge.

So think before posting something like, I can tell you have never served your country.

Comment

Well said Barrie. I have to say that if SallyAnne was here she would have already stormed out in a huff, because lets face it, you are a bunch of racist halfwits.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X