• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat in London for contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat in London for contracting

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

What sort of rate should I aim for? I think the mortgage is going to be steep.

Still, £100M today, £200M tomorrow.

Originally posted by DimPrawn

So the most expensive residence is a flat. how can the most expensive flat beat the most expensive house in the UK. This has been bought for status. Surely somone can't think they are going to make money out of this. A block of flats is now worth twice the cost of Wembley. Ridiculous.

Something like this could start a house price crash. This is a bit similar to the tech stock crash which I believed was started by Lastminute.com. Their initial offering was altered and then they picked the highest buy price in the range they set. All for a business that was making a loss. They just got to greedy and that's when their share price and everyone else's dropped like a stone.

Just shows you how easily humans forget the past. I really think we have reached the peak now. I've been looking for a house for a few months now and can't find anything decent in South East London for 550-600K. No one is selling. They are just staying put and extending. Over the garage, into the loft, extension into the garden, even conversting garages to breakfast rooms or bedrooms.

Decided to put my house up for Sale on Sat. and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. People want to see the house ASAP so they don't miss out. They can't even wait for the weekend.

Comment

anyone there

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Even my daily fee wouldn't cover this.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          Even my daily fee wouldn't cover this.
          pounds not turkish lira.

Comment

I can afford only interest only mortgage on this flat.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
              I can afford only interest only mortgage on this flat.
              over 2000 years. Are you Jesus?

Comment

Did anyone notice that the purchaser of the flat was one of the financiers of the deal. Free publicity anyone?

Bet the actual price is a lot less than 100m.

Comment

Working...
                X