• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ricky Tomlinson: Guilty or Not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky Tomlinson: Guilty or Not?

Did anyone else see this programme last night.

Good old Rick was/is trying to show that his imprisonment in the 70s was a miscarriage of justice.

All I saw was a bitter man ranting and raving about the injustice of the system.
    He dismissed those who spoke against him as either lying or motivated in some other way.

He did not seem capable of accepting that, although he himself may not have witnessed it, his comrades had commited a number of violent offences against those "scab" workers they were supposed to be talking to.

I do think he made a point that the prosecution was politically motivated but
    I saw no evidence to prove he or any others were innocent.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

MY ARSE!!!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Guilty as charged.

Although it was funny that he thought it was political and the only political involvement [ that should have got him off the jail sentence ] was ignored
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Before last nights prog I had considered him to be interesting and full of character.

After last nights performance I have realised that he is just a typical scouser with a victim mentality.

I do believe that there was some political pressure to bring him and his compatriots to trial, but I do believe that the charges brought were viable.

I was particularly impressed when he rang the chap who had emailed to tell him he got what he deserved.
        The email had told of how a number of 4 bus loads of scousers (drunk apparently) had rampaged across the building site in Stoke he was working on.
        Ricky explained to camera how he was never in Stoke so it was nothing to do with him.
        He then rang the chap and proceeded to call him a liar as they never wnet anywhere with that many people and they couldn't possibly have been drunk.
        When the chap disputed this on the grounds that he was working there at the time all Rick could do was go into full rant mode calling the bloke a scab and a black leg who deserved what happened. Priceless.
        He then went on to say how he had been at another site with 6 bus loads.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

he also went on to say " well we may have kicked down a few dwarf walls "
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
          X