• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday...

For all those old acid rockers in the congregation, there's a prog on the History of Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday at 9 p.m.

Dave Brock et al.

Though I don't suppose Bob Calvert will be contributing much.

I heard that Dave Brock won't be contributing either as he had a disagreement with the film makers. Kind of makes it a bit worthless if he's not involved. Will still watch anyway...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      For all those old acid rockers in the congregation, there's a prog on the History of Hawkwind on BBC4 on Friday at 9 p.m.

Dave Brock et al.

Though I don't suppose Bob Calvert will be contributing much.
      I always liked Hawkwind. I'll record it, if I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        The famous Stephen Hawkwind...

This should offend everyone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHycU6u14k

Just watched the video - ******* MINT!

Comment

If you like HW then there's quite a good listserv: BOC-L out there about them (and BÖC)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, somebody bump this on Friday in case I'm too stoned to remember

Comment

"Your android replica's playing up again. When she comes she moans another's name.."

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                "Your android replica's playing up again. When she comes she moans another's name.."

That's the spirit of the age
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I saw them a few years back in Oxford, but they were all trance-y. Good, but it may as well not have been a live band, if you know what I mean.

I much prefer the days of "Levitation" and "Chronicles of the Black Sword" - two of my favourite albums. Although you'd have to say the "true" Hawkwind was the days of "Doremi Fasol Latido".
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've seen them live a few times, they've ranged from the truly sublime to utterly boring (literally fell asleep at the back of a Brixton Acadamy all nighter once - being off my face was partly responsible)

Comment

Working...
                    X