• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10k to run a web site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10k to run a web site

Breaking news story on the beeb saying that MPs have voted themselves a 10k allowance to run their web sites.
    I assume we will be given the same allowance..... yipppppeeeeee.... oh wait a minute...... no we wont will we......
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I assume we will be given the same allowance..... yipppppeeeeee.... oh wait a minute...... no we wont will we......

Comment

Breaking news story on the beeb saying that MPs have voted themselves a 10k allowance to run their web sites.

That's about £9,950 more that it should actually cost. You've got to hand it to them, either they're taking the p*ss or we're giving away!

Comment

And here it is - the bast@rds

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6502331.stm
        Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

How much do you think these big body shops charge UK gov to do such things? I'd bet TPTB think the chap who put that 10k price up is being a little tight...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So, Commons Leader Jack Straw told MPs: "The purpose of this allowance is to contribute to better public understanding of what this Parliament is about and what it does... "

We already understand what Parliament is about; career MPs shafting for every little thing they can get and not giving a flying **** about their consituency members. We don't need a website to tell us that. The interweb thingy is full of sites telling us the real truth about Parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
              So, Commons Leader Jack Straw told MPs: "The purpose of this allowance is to contribute to better public understanding of what this Parliament is about and what it does... "

We already understand what Parliament is about; career MPs shafting for every little thing they can get and not giving a flying **** about their consituency members. We don't need a website to tell us that. The interweb thingy is full of sites telling us the real truth about Parliament.
              I think you should mail that to him and ask for the 10k per MP, as you have just done the job.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Well, you didn't expect NL's forecasted small business CT hike revenues to be wasted on more nurses and teachers, did you?

NL are very keen to ensure that, we the tax paying public, access their lies in a better presented and more visibly appealing format.

That's what NL called transparency in government - so they haven't forgotten their manifesto promises.

Now that every aspect of our lives has been dumbed down, and we are now encouraged to give up smoking and eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day - courtesy of the Public Information Office campaigns - we DON'T NEED NURSES AND TEACHERS.

Teachers are now employed as state childminders to ensure that young kids stay off the streets during weekdays so that they don't get as many ASBOs as they otherwise would. Nurses are only useful now so that binge drinking chavs can get their handy bandages and stitches from A&E when they are out on the town on Friday nights - courtesy of the government's policy to extend licensing hours.

The old are dying from the cold or in poorly run nursing homes no longer state subsidised or funded (their house sale came in handy here); the young aren't dying from lack of vitamin C now, so they can work until they're 80 and then die quickly thereafter (lowering old age pension funding), and kids are at university until they are 30 now - so they are too busy doing their homework learning the rudiments of basic grammar and spelling (and so bringing down street crime).

NL really are living up to their manifesto promises.

Comment

It's all fecking arse - any minister that holds a portfolio has a departmental website spouting the appropriate bulltulip...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Now surely there must be some kind of tax deductions for us on this. I must be able to deduct £10 000 pa, for shameless self promotion of my business to help people better understand my business?
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                    X