• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most Embarrasing Interview Moments: Confessions Please.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Embarrasing Interview Moments: Confessions Please.

I confess to sitting for over an hour in an interview and when I left the room I relaised my flies had been open all the time! I got the gig!

Originally posted by Kyajae
    I confess to sitting for over an hour in an interview and when I left the room I relaised my flies had been open all the time! I got the gig!
    asked a ton of stuff about bullsh1t I had put on my cv to make it look good. the interviewer kept smirking as he realised id been busted. didnt get the job

Comment

To expedite matters and hopefully to get a gig stating the Monday after the last one finished I agreed to a Friday afternoon interview knowing full well there would be a 'leaving do' that lunchtime with the current crew.
      Sure enough turned up at interview very p1ssed.

Very embarassing & a lesson learned
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        To expedite matters and hopefully to get a gig stating the Monday after the last one finished I agreed to a Friday afternoon interview knowing full well there would be a 'leaving do' that lunchtime with the current crew.
        Sure enough turned up at interview very p1ssed.

Very embarassing & a lesson learned
        I would call that plain stupid.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          I would call that plain stupid.
          Killjoy...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
            Killjoy...
            Not really. It's moronic to turn up drunk for an interview - might as well continue drinking and make up some excuse to postpone.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I went to one where I was interviewed by their "Java Expert" and "Lead Architect".

About 3/4 of the way through I realised the Java expert probably couldn't do a compile from the command line, and the architect didn't know what I meant by GoF.

I felt really embarrased for them.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Not really. It's moronic to turn up drunk for an interview - might as well continue drinking and make up some excuse to postpone.
                I agree with sas on this...under what circumstances could you possibly imaging being given the job? I've interviewed someone who was drunk before, and from the interviewer's side it is very unimpressive.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Went to an interview for a technical role, client wanted some one for a management position. After blushes all round we both realised that we'd been screwed by an idiotic pimp who was just saying whatever each party wanted to hear.

Another one was for a role for a design company to finish off their client/server accounting app. After hearing that the app had been written by an "enthusiastic amateur" from the accounts department and with the problems with it sounding like a complete rewrite was probably in order, I gave my excuses and left.
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

And you have the cheek to call me!!!!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X