• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here do any mounting biking ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here do any mounting biking ?

Thinking of getting a new bike, currently have a Marin road bike, which I'll be keeping, but thinking of getting a new mountin bike, hard tail, anyone got and recomendations ?? Looking to spend around £1000.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Mounting bikes

Originally posted by n5gooner
    Thinking of getting a new bike, currently have a Marin road bike, which I'll be keeping, but thinking of getting a new mountin bike, hard tail, anyone got and recomendations ?? Looking to spend around £1000.
    Are you after a college bike or a company bike?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I saw this about the government sponsored cycle to work schemes.

Anyone tried this?

Comment

Yeps. My first race of this season is on April 11th at the Tysk Plantation if anyone wishes to come and cheer on Team Threaded.

I have a variety of bikes and they are all for quite specific conditions.

But for £1000 you can't do better than get in touch with Ben Cooper at Kinetics and see if he'll do you a Rohloff hub into a On-One inbred.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

inbred !!

we got enough of those round here as it is

Milan.

Comment

Why would you want to mount a bike? I know you're a gooner but this really is sick.
            Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Yeps. My first race of this season is on April 11th at the Tysk Plantation if anyone wishes to come and cheer on Team Threaded.

I have a variety of bikes and they are all for quite specific conditions.

But for £1000 you can't do better than get in touch with Ben Cooper at Kinetics and see if he'll do you a Rohloff hub into a On-One inbred.
              thanks threaded, and good luck with the race, which sort is it ??
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

It's mountain biking in the woods, but nothing too bad, it is Denmark after all, and most hills are man made. So, I'll be using a rigid 29er.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  thanks threaded, and good luck with the race, which sort is it ??
                  A Crucifixion (considered as)?
                  God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Nah, that set of races are only 70 minutes long. I do over 2 hours everyday riding to and from clients, and currently I'm on Gran Canaria going up and down the local volcano for my morning and evening exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X