• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all doomed... again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're all doomed... again

Doomed again

Why has it become common practice to release stories about man made global warming as if it is fact? No one has come up with conclusive evidence yet and the counter argument is never included.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

This subject needs it's own forum!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
      Doomed again

Why has it become common practice to release stories about man made global warming as if it is fact? No one has come up with conclusive evidence yet and the counter argument is never included.
      That is a good question but not really connected with the article that you link to! That article said "The UK's carbon emissions rose by 1.25% last year, according to provisional government data". Are you disputing that?

The article did not make any claims about whether there might be global warming, or what might be causing it, if any.

So why, may I ask, do you think that it did?
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
        That is a good question but not really connected with the article that you link to! That article said "The UK's carbon emissions rose by 1.25% last year, according to provisional government data". Are you disputing that?
        Yes, because the drying out of the moors has caused more than that on its own.

And the reason they're drying out is because the water table is being lowered.

And the reason the water table is being lowered is for water for all the extra homes.

And the reason for that is fsck all to do with global warming.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"The UK's carbon emissions rose by 1.25% last year, according to provisional government data"

2 points here.

1. Provisional Government data - can this really be trusted?

2. Even if this data is correct, it is a decrease in real terms when inflation is taken into account.

HTH
          Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Yes, because the drying out of the moors has caused more than that on its own.

And the reason they're drying out is because the water table is being lowered.

And the reason the water table is being lowered is for water for all the extra homes.

And the reason for that is fsck all to do with global warming.
            Not to mention cows' farts.

But my point is that the article only said that carbon emissions had increased; it did not say that this was causing global warming.

The OP condemned this article for claiming that global warming is man-made, but it did not say that.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              Not to mention cows' farts.

But my point is that the article only said that carbon emissions had increased; it did not say that this was causing global warming.

The OP condemned this article for claiming that global warming is man-made, but it did not say that.
              I think you might have missed reading this bit.
              While these figures are provisional, they underline why concerted effort to tackle climate change, both from government and wider society, is absolutely critical,"
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I think another nazi tax is in order.

Comment

what sort of percent has the population gone up by?

Comment

Originally posted by Mervalous
                    what sort of percent has the population gone up by?
                    Actually I think water usage is a good indication of how much the population has increased. I find the government manipulation of population statistics is just so cack handed it is leading to bizarre results from different departments.

Apparently in the last 5 years the average water usage per person in the Uk has increased by 5 liters per day. Yeah, like everybody is using so much more...

Hence why I suggest the population statistics are bollox.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X