• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milan is retiring from public life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan is retiring from public life

Dear CUKers,

I think it is time for me to move on to pastures new.

This place doesn't really offer much in the way of useful information or entertainment these days, and my time is better spent on more productive sites.

I wish you all the best,

Milan.

You don't have a life to retire from, you tape changing drone
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have to say ever since Milan joined this site has gone downhill.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ah!! Don't be nasty to beans! What board will you frequent after Contractor UK beans? Rat Meat Retailers Nigeria?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

where are you off to milan?

Comment

Can identify with the thoughts. Seem to be visiting and posting here less and less.

No plans for moving to another site though. Life and all it's sundries seem to have more of my attention these days...

Comment

I must agree. I don't want to jump on perception bandwagons or be critical for the sake of it, but I have noticed a decline in the standard of posts on this forum in recent weeks. Probably because other people have too in the threads on this subject. However, I think some of the banter and trivia has always been there to some degree - particularly on the General forum and I'm not a big poster, so perhaps I hadn't noticed it quite so readily.

One thing I do find quite irritating on the General site is the constant flow of 'vote' topics, and I get a bit irritated by a general tendency for posters to make big announcements about their extensions or new contracts won. Is this really necessary, if there is no query associated with them? It also makes readers a bit uncomfortable if they are still on the bench.

I'm not too bothered about the general interest stuff - what's for dinner and so on, or what are you listening to. For me, these are just casual small talk forum conversations, that do no harm at all.

On the negative side, I have noticed that some of the threads and posts have a distinctly deliberate hostile and nasty tone to them now directed at individuals, which I hadn't really noticed before. Perhaps it is all dark humour rather than nastiness, but it's a bit too dark for my liking, I have to say.

Some posters also seem to be a bit cliquey, as if they're trying to be territorial about what is posted and what isn't and who is 'in' and who isn't. I assume that I'm definitely not 'in.' But, there again, I haven't tried to be. My contributions is strictly for the contractor issues with, maybe a bit of innocent fun and games thrown in occasionally on the General forum. However, I think it's fair to say that I don't visit for the banter and fun side of things.

The advice sites are not as informative either. There aren't so many quality topics being raised, just the usual newbie questions being regurgitated time and again despite the information being readily available elsewhere on the forum. I'm more interested in what is being said on Shout 99 for the more serious contractor related info of the MSC changes and the CT tax hikes.

I hope this forum isn't going the same way as the dire
              www. computercontractor.com forum which just seems to be full of racist, homophobic, sexist rubbish and the continued persecution of Dart Resourcing.

That would be a shame.
              Last edited by Denny; 30 March 2007, 00:08.

Comment

Denny,

you've got to lead by example, it's not good complaining about posts and saying you don't post much, if you want to influence things you have to post

this site will never get like computer contractor

there is a kind of unwritten rule (as well as the moderators) and despite the bickering it never drops to an unpleasant level and if it does contributors correct it

cheer up

on the subject of retiring from here, I can't folks, because apart from you lot I have no other friends :-)

Milan.

Comment

Denny,

Get your .......
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

and Xog you flippin geriatric, I am not and never have been from Africa.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X