• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Period

anyone else taking a contractor holiday next week (Mon-Thu). 9 days off for the price of 4. I do this every year. The other one is Christmas - 10 for the price of 3.

Yup, I like a bargain.

Comment

To quote Churchill; "Ooooooh, yesssss"!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I'm working the bank holiday weekend. £25/hour for sitting on my arse driving.

Lovely. Holidays are the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          I'm working the bank holiday weekend. £25/hour for sitting on my arse driving.

Lovely. Holidays are the weak.
          You really are on the wrong board here - you clearly don't work in IT - get over
          here - you'll be a lot better off >>

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            You really are on the wrong board here - you clearly don't work in IT - get over

ROFLMAO

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef
              ROFLMAO

I'm here all week!
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer

He he thats quality..

Drivers' Health Corner
                Shifting Your Gears To Better Health. Staying healthy on the road is difficult at best, as we all know. Discuss health issues concerning truckers. Trucker health news, alerts, and diet discussion board. Truckers' Wellness.

The Truckers' Image
                Under The Driver's Hat. Discuss ways for truckers to improve their image. Urine bottles, trashy truck stops and no truck parking signs abound. How do we change our image and earn respect back?
                Truckers Poems

Stories From The Road
                18 Wheels of Tales. Ever heard a "you ain't gonna believe this..." story? Tell us those stories from the road. Are you a trucker poet? Let us hear your poems as well as your trucking stories here! Jammin' Those Gears Discussion Forum.

Comment

off skiing next week woohoo

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                    anyone else taking a contractor holiday next week (Mon-Thu). 9 days off for the price of 4. I do this every year. The other one is Christmas - 10 for the price of 3.
                    I think you're talking about a permies holiday :-)

You are not getting paid for the 6 days you're not working.

Seriously, I think that's one of the benefits of being a contractor: having bank holidays when you want, 'cos let's face it bank holidays are normally:

Very rainy and/or
                    completely packed with people going where you want to go.

No, much better to take a day off when you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X