• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TK Maxx in the dodo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TK Maxx in the dodo

Anyone catch the news today about the card data fraud at TK Maxx?!!?

I am currently working on PCI compliance at my current gig, its scary tulip! Apparently compliance in a lot of UK retailers is pretty poor, some of the stuff I have been hearing about puts you off using cards.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Pretty poor? I'd rate it as barely existent at most places I've seen in the UK. One even logged card details in the clear right in their web logs, these were then zipped up and emailed to some other place for processing stats and developers were slurping it as test data for another system...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We couldn't agree a rate otherwise this wouldn't have happened

PCI compliance isn't scary, it's what all online traders SHOULD be doing, whether they accept credit cards or not. It's the fact they don't that keeps people like me in business.

All IMHO of course...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
        PCI compliance isn't scary, it's what all online traders SHOULD be doing
        True, the PCI : DSS are pretty much common sense, what's scary is that so few retailers actually implement them
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven
          True, the PCI : DSS are pretty much common sense, what's scary is that so few retailers actually implement them
          Well, we'll see what happens in June when these retailers MUST comply. It may focus their minds when they start losing the ability to process credit card payments...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
          X