• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury

i got 2 tickets

anyone else going?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef
    i got 2 tickets

anyone else going?
    You should try parking legally!

Comment

Oh yes - I'm there....
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by chef
        anyone else going?
        Uh huh - got myself 4, only got the confirmation email at 2AM this morning after the website crashed after I put in my card details (but complained about duplicate registration numbers when I tried again) - something of a nervous wait!

Comment

I won't be going. Glasto's sold out to 'The Man' these days.

I used to go back in the 80s when it was 'proper'. Knee deep in mud and poo and drugs openly for sale. Bottles of piss being chucked about and you daren't eat anything on sale. These days it's £200 a ticket which includes electricity for your winnebago and people complain if the showers aren't hot enough or if the sushi bar closes early.

I like the way the organisers take all these steps to ensure people aren't 'ripped off' for tickets and then price them extortionately so they can do the ripping off.

Sold out Man!
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
            I won't be going. Glasto's sold out to 'The Man' these days.

I used to go back in the 80s when it was 'proper'. Knee deep in mud and poo and drugs openly for sale. Bottles of piss being chucked about and you daren't eat anything on sale. These days it's £200 a ticket which includes electricity for your winnebago and people complain if the showers aren't hot enough or if the sushi bar closes early.

I like the way the organisers take all these steps to ensure people aren't 'ripped off' for tickets and then price them extortionately so they can do the ripping off.

Sold out Man!
            Completely agree. My last Glastonbury was '93. There still are festivals out there that continue in the Glastonbury tradition before it sold out. The Levellers run one in the south-west somewhere that's supposed to be quite good. There's also Eastern Haze as well.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              There's also Eastern Haze as well.
              Just looked at their 2007 lineup and didn't recognise a single performer out of the hundreds they have listed. Just goes to show how uncool/sold out I am.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeGregan
                Just looked at their 2007 lineup and didn't recognise a single performer out of the hundreds they have listed. Just goes to show how uncool/sold out I am.
                There are some oldies on there - Blockheads (as in Ian Dury and the), Space Ritual (Nik Turner from Hawkwind's side project), Ozric Tentacles (stalwarts of the festival scene since the mid 80s), Mother Gong (Daevid Allen and crew)...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I've heard of 3 of those... scarey.

One assumes that the Blockheads aren't bringing the remains of Ian Drury with them?
                  It says that Phil Jupitus will be performing with them.

Comment

I thought the fact you had to send in your picture to be put on the tickets was pretty good.

Why dont other gigs take this measure too? Maybe bring an end to the speculation and price increases fueled by Ebay?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X