• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon's Porkies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon's Porkies

Well done to the Times newspapers for pursuing an FOI application about the real circumstances over the abolition of tax credits to pension funds. I guess the Treasury didn't want an embarrasing court battle. But alas, it was all the CBI's fault.

So lets get a flavour..................
    A Moron
    29.55%
    The Man Who Stole Your Old Age
    15.91%
    A Tax Shafter
    18.18%
    A Porky Pie Merchant
    13.64%
    Apparently Not Keen on Tony Blair
    9.09%
    Your Best Bet for Stalinist Ruthlessness
    9.09%
    The Best Chancellor This Country Has Ever Had
    0.00%
    Everywhere To Be Found in a Crisis
    0.00%
    The Natural Choice as Next Prime Minister
    0.00%
    The Contractor's Best Friend
    4.55%

The poll is expired.

Let's just say he's not all he's been cracked up to be over the past 10 years.

In fact, he's a positive menace.

Comment

Just had a Jilted John moment, felt a sudden urge to pogo. Shall have to go and lie down.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Just had a Jilted John moment, felt a sudden urge to pogo. Shall have to go and lie down.
        You need to consider the consequences of your actions old boy. Pogoing should remain in the past for you.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
          it was all the CBI's fault.
          Not according to the CBI

Originally posted by BBC News
          Lord Turner has called Treasury claims he or anyone else senior at the CBI lobbied for Gordon Brown's 1997 pension tax changes "completely untrue".
          The Treasury claims that Chancellor Gordon Brown had been lobbied by the business group in 1996, when Lord Turner was the director-general.

Lord Turner's denial to the BBC came as current CBI boss Richard Lambert said the Treasury was indulging in "spin".

It follows Tory claims Mr Brown ignored warnings over the tax change's impact.

Comment

Brownstuff should be made to apologise then introduce retrospective legislation to compensate everyone affected.

Might bankrupt the UK but there's plenty of car-boot sales going on to raise some funds. Alternatively let some more of our navy be captured by a couple of men in a tin bath, to reduce that pesky war bill a bit more.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
            X