• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Contract Data - Log - After Leaving Them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Contract Data - Log - After Leaving Them

Dear All,

Any idea what's going to happen to all the contract data, contract log (Which contains all the conversations, correspondence with Giant) after we have moved out from Giant to our own limited company. Since there is no paper contract or any documentation (as everything is managed online) are we still going to have access to this data just in case to cover our a** if HMRC/IR comes chasing us for the contracts that we have taken when we are/were with Giant. Also what's going to happen to IR35 insurance which holds good for 3 years from the end of the contract. Does it still hold good even after we leave giant ( I suppose it holds good) but we dont have any hard copy which says that isn't it.

Any advice/help is very much appreciated

Cheers

Why don't you ask Giant and get a reply in writing?

Comment

I spoke to giant about a similar issue they said what ever we think is important we should print off as we will have no access once we leave giant to access any information we will have to pay a fee of 50quid not sure what this covers though I went in and printed of information on insurance certificate, certificate of incorporation etc.

Just try and print off everything you can in case you require it

Comment

Go to your data, contracts and you should be able to print the IR35 insurance document the proof you require and go to GIANT CARDS IR35 insurance under your data and print that info out too.

This indicates Summary of cover
        Qdos defending you against an IR35 investigation (up to £50,000 of professional fees)
        Compensation to cover you against tax, interest and penalties if the case is lost (this compensation will cover your full potential liability)
        GIANT CARDS covers you for any IR35 liabilities, which may arise in respect of the period you contracted through giant powerhouse. This cover remains in place for upto almost three years after the contract ends (the indemnity period)
        So with GIANT CARDS you are covered until the closure of the normal Inland Revenue investigation window
        Unlike other products you do not have to continue paying an insurance fee after your contract ends to be eligible to make a claim within the indemnity period
        Unlimited access to the GIANT CARDS IR35 helpline 01455 852111

Comment

Thanks a lot Azzik.

I will print off this info first and then initiate a conversation with Giant.

Cheers

Comment

I printed EVERYTHING from that log before I told them I was leaving GIANT to cover my ass.

Would post some of it as some of the answers to questions are very amusing, plus at one point my CSM decided the contact log was a good place to be rude to me. Wont post log for legal reasons.

In memory of

Comment

Originally posted by itcontractor07
              Dear All,

Any idea what's going to happen to all the contract data, contract log (Which contains all the conversations, correspondence with Giant) after we have moved out from Giant to our own limited company. Since there is no paper contract or any documentation (as everything is managed online) are we still going to have access to this data just in case to cover our a** if HMRC/IR comes chasing us for the contracts that we have taken when we are/were with Giant. Also what's going to happen to IR35 insurance which holds good for 3 years from the end of the contract. Does it still hold good even after we leave giant ( I suppose it holds good) but we dont have any hard copy which says that isn't it.

Any advice/help is very much appreciated

Cheers

Three words: cut and paste
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X