• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Exodus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Exodus

<rant>

What on earth is it with some people?
    I'm going... I'm not... I've been wronged/abused/insulted etc... I'm back etc...

It's a message board ffs - open to anyone, which includes a wide array of geniuses and madmen.

The more geniuses leave, the more madmen remain, and the message board goes to hell in a handbasket.

Veterans out there - has CUK always been like this? Is this a phase?

Yes, in all seriousness, the board has slowed down a little lately - but that's all down to the users, and it's up to us to inject more momentum into things.

</rant>

Originally posted by zeitghost
    <cough>
    Myself included, of course.

Comment

No it's a new thing. To be honest the quality of posting is very poor at the moment and there has been little moderation/tidying up of posts for some time.

You only have to look at General to see only one actual thread about contracting.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
        <rant>

What on earth is it with some people?
        I'm going... I'm not... I've been wronged/abused/insulted etc... I'm back etc...

It's a message board ffs - open to anyone, which includes a wide array of geniuses and madmen.

The more geniuses leave, the more madmen remain, and the message board goes to hell in a handbasket.

Veterans out there - has CUK always been like this? Is this a phase?

Yes, in all seriousness, the board has slowed down a little lately - but that's all down to the users, and it's up to us to inject more momentum into things.

</rant>
        Garbage In Garbage Out. I blame Bagpuss and Sasguru who between them have the intellectual value of a Swiss Cheese Plant. Too many weedy pigeons on here these days too.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
          geniuses and madmen.
          Some would argue that they are one and the same, either that or to be the former you need to be the latter.

Comment

MF - I agree to some extent, but it shouldn't all have to have some relevance to contracting per se, it's good to see debates about topical issues in General, topics not silly enough to be in LR.

Problem is some people can't have a debate, and resort to hurling abuse when it doesn't go their way. That and people taking the bait.

Comment

Well Id rather stay here -
              With All the Madmen
              Then perish with the Sadmen roaming Free

Where can the horizon lie ?

When a nation hides its nuclear waste
              In a cellar

dark and grim

I found him Mummy - can I keep him?

Zane Zane Zane
              Ouvrir Le Chien

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Well Id rather stay here -
                With All the Madmen
                Then perish with the Sadmen roaming Free

Where can the horizon lie ?

When a nation hides its nuclear waste
                In a cellar dark and grim

I found him Mummy - can I keep him?

Zane Zane Zane
                Ouvrir Le Chien

Comment

Anyway, has anyone noticed that Legal & Accounting has currently got exactly 10 times as many posts (18,150) as threads (1815)? Weird or what...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                    Anyway, has anyone noticed that Legal & Accounting has currently got exactly 10 times as many posts (18,150) as threads (1815)? Weird or what...
                    Not any more!!!!

Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!!
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X