• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diamond engagement rings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond engagement rings

Looking for a decent engagement ring not overpriced have a small budget of a grand maximum, any recommendations or has any one used any online retailers?

Your a contractor man. Think big. A grand is what you should be spending on just the band!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK
      Looking for a decent engagement ring not overpriced have a small budget of a grand maximum, any recommendations or has any one used any online retailers?
      Women expect you to spend one month's money on the ring, not one day's.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo

HTH
        YEP!

Think of it like this:

Your in charge of the Revenue and your woman is in charge of Expenditure
        Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I'd say do a bit of research (Diamonds for Dummies) so you can talk the talk, then pop down to Hatton Gardens. You won't get your diamonds at knock-down wholesale prices but you won't get ripped off.

(unlike the 14-year-old Congolese soldiers who probably supplied them).

Comment

Take a holiday in Cochin (Kerala, India). They are much cheaper there.

Had mine valued in the UK at twice what I paid for it.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

HTH
              Choosing a ring by the amount of money it costs relative to your income, is a creation of De Beers marketing.

De Beers expects you to spend at least one month's money, and would prefer two. Your fiancée expects you to marry her.
              God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
                Your a contractor man.
                You're

Thank you F.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

HTH
                  That was made up by the jewelry industry.

Comment

Jewellery

But yes you're right. The saddest thing is when they split up and find the re-sale value is only a third of what they paid.

I only found out recently that 9ct gold (I don't have any) is only something like 30% gold!

That's not gold, that's tat.

Comment

Working...
                    X