• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am close to snapping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am close to snapping

Working in an open plan office in London and I have been here, developer, for five months. There is a loud guy, consultant, who sits at the other end of the office. The problem is, he laughs like Mutley from the cartoon Whacky Races. Very loud.

Nothing is that ****** funny, nothing can be that ****** funny for that ****** long. I have seriously considered violence and am now considering not extending because of the irritating little sh!t tick.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Got a Scotsman behind me who laughs like a pneumatic drill.

I wager my annoying laugh is worse than your annoying laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
      Got a Scotsman behind me who laughs like a pneumatic drill.

I wager my annoying laugh is worse than your annoying laugh!

I dont have the link, but I remember reading in the Guinness book of records that more irritating laughers who sound like mutley are murdered world-wide, every year, than any other irritating laugh. Including jocks that laugh like a pneumatic drill.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        Working in an open plan office in London and I have been here, developer, for five months. There is a loud guy, consultant, who sits at the other end of the office. The problem is, he laughs like Mutley from the cartoon Whacky Races. Very loud.

Nothing is that ****** funny, nothing can be that ****** funny for that ****** long. I have seriously considered violence and am now considering not extending because of the irritating little sh!t tick.

Wait till you can collar him on his own (e.g. corridor, coffee kitchen) tell him it must be a great area he's working in because of all the laughter and banter but it is affecting your work and others near you.

If he understands he'll act upon your request. If he continues, then it's ok to kill the *****!

Comment

walk over and smack him in his teeth. That should sort his buzz out
          Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I dont have the link, but I remember reading in the Guinness book of records that more irritating laughers who sound like mutley are murdered world-wide, every year, than any other irritating laugh. Including jocks that laugh like a pneumatic drill.
            Yes, but they are murdered in a more humane manner. People who have to suffer pneumatic jocks *really* flip out! I once heard about someone who attacked their jock with every item in the stationery cupboard (stapled goolies, biro in eye, haggis up rectum etc etc....)

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              Yes, but they are murdered in a more humane manner. People who have to suffer pneumatic jocks *really* flip out! I once heard about someone who attacked their jock with every item in the stationery cupboard (stapled goolies, biro in eye, haggis up rectum etc etc....)
              Yes, of course the haggis-bashers are murdered more brutally, no one is disputing that. But the number is the point, the quantity. Plus the dancing on the grave afterwards.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                Plus the dancing on the grave afterwards.
                Laughing insanely..... oh, no, wait a minute............
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Will it help if you develope a more thundering laugh than him, just to neutralise his laugh

Comment

Yes, of course the haggis-bashers are murdered more brutally, no one is disputing that. But the number is the point, the quantity. Plus the dancing on the grave afterwards.

Hmmm. I guess I can't dispute Norris McWhirter.

Well, I have anecdotal evidence that more people grind their teeth, then go home and kick the dog/wife after suffering braying laughter from north of the border...

Comment

Working...
                    X