• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown defends pensions decision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown defends pensions decision

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6521305.stm

How he (well any of them) has the front to stay in office I will never know.

He has raided pension funds for 75 billion.

He claims it was the right decision for the economy.

SO: Those people who had wisely invested for their retirement have been robbed so that NL could pump money into benefits and civil service jobs. Those same people will end up struggling to make ends meet whilst the same benefits spongers and civil servants large it up in their senior years.

He is admitting that the only way our economy has survived is because he has been able to rob pension plans.

I am fuming about this. I have so much more to say, but can't but the argument together for shear bloody fury.

Tony, Gordon, all of you. Get out, just get the **** out and give us our money back.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    ... and give us our money back.
    Too late for that, it's gone!

Comment

I was going to comment on this, but the only thing that comes to mind is Stabbity stab stab!.

Gordon really is a moron.
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

It seems as though the media has finally turned against this arrogant fckwit - this will see the end of NL You have to pity the poor sods who are going to have to sort his mess out though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
          You have to pity the poor sods who are going to have to sort his mess out though.
          That will be the Conservatives then. And they'll get the blame.

Comment

Bah, he will get away with it and come election time the English sheep will reelect labour, like they have for the previous several elections.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              Bah, he will get away with it and come election time the English sheep will reelect labour, like they have for the previous several elections.
              Welsh and Scottish actually. If only English votes were counted the Conservatives would have had a majority at the last election.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
                Welsh and Scottish actually. If only English votes were counted the Conservatives would have had a majority at the last election.
                Even more reason to hate the Scots...

Comment

A New Lie drone defending the indefensible? Who would've thought it!
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman
                    He is admitting that the only way our economy has survived is because he has been able to rob pension plans.[/QUOTE]

Typical "benefit from it now, worry about it later in the hope it goes away" mentality like much of the public have towards debt.

Maybe it's time those more affluent amongst us bought our own island to rule as we wish. Can someone lend me a fiver for my stake?

Alternatively, build our own island out in international waters. Just need to encourage one of those undersea volcanoes to become more active and voila, instant UK haven. Would have some nice fancy under-floor heating as well. Perfect. Let's do it.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X