• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The French are the best in the world at something..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French are the best in the world at something..

French train hits 356mph?

Would you get on that?

New record for French train

Let's see them try that trick on our rails!
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

What with all of our missing nuts and bolts on our lines NO NO NO

Comment

Yeah, but we hold the record for most passengers fit into a carriage!

And for smelliest carriages too (Virgin sewage special...)

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W

Would you get on that?
        I'll find out in May when I take it to the south of France, I'm more worried about the 4x Ryanair flights I have booked before then though, do they have any aircraft newer than 20 years old???
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I watched it. They had loads of cameras over the inside and outside of the train. It looked pretty smooth to me.

That journey from Paris to Strasbourg, about 160 miles, only costs about 65 Euros.

Comment

Would you get on that?

365 mph is probably about the fastest way retreat the frogs have come up with yet. So, yes the frogs are good at something; it's just something they've always been good at but now only faster.

Comment

Would you get on that?

Ah, and Britain now has the very very new..... drum noise.... Pendolino....!!! It makes me feel good as it reminds me of my youth almost 20 years ago in Italy.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Why bother with speed? We could just bolts thousands of people on the outside like they do in India. Or you pay less if you bring your own carriage, turn up, skateboard, bit of string. London-Glasgow for ten quid.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Would you get on that?

that would get me to manchester in about 8 minutes. 'course with british signalling systems (we still have victorian era switching!) it would still take 45.

Anybody notice that in 1930's the fastest steam train went 100mph - the fastest train now goes a whopping 125mph! Now I knew we were conservative - but that's really taking the biscuit.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I think we have to applaud the French for this. They set their stall out and just built the best they could. We should have bought the technology, and shipped all their engineers etc over here and replaced all the mainline routes with these, it would transform the country.
                    Current system has speedbumps every few miles making any topspeed achieved virtually irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X