• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here from Portsmouth?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here from Portsmouth?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/6521603.stm

And I thought the place was just full of hairy-@rsed matelots! Good 'ol Boris!

I live in Havant, which is near Portsmouth.

I'm slim and drug free, but looking around our local Asda, or when we dare to venture into Portsmouth city centre itself, I can see where Boris is coming from!

Comment

I visited friend in Bournemouth over Xmas.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

They explained that the once, pretty little seaside town was now awash with drug users, drug dealers, pimps, yobs and immigrants.

I decided to challenge them on this, so we agreed to go out Friday and Saturday night to a few bars and sample the nightlife.

I'm glad I'm not a betting man, put it that way.

We also popped in to a Tesco Superstore there to pick up my brother-in-law from night shift and he explained that their store had one of the highest ethnic / immigrant customer bases in that part of the country. I asked him if that was important, since customers are customers after all, and everyone's cash is good.

He replied that they also had the highest incidence of shop-lifting in the Tesco stores in that area. He also mentioned that his store were getting a bit fed up arresting the thieves, since they almost always play the race card which really messes up the original arrest and it's not worth the hassle pursuing it in the end.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I lived in Portsmouth for a while as did my son years later when he was at Uni. One defining thing about Portmsouth, it stinks of raw sewage!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm from Portsmouth. It says so on my passport. But I don't think I've been there since I was one. Has it changed?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was born in Portsmouth and lived there until I was 30. I was glad to leave. It was such a dump. I have only visited twice in the last 10 years and it is a very depressing place.

And yes, there are some very large people in Portsmouth.
            Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

I live in fareham, having just moved from southsea. Personally, I think pompey has been overrun with lots of little chavs and east europeans!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/6521603.stm

And I thought the place was just full of hairy-@rsed matelots! Good 'ol Boris!
                Oi! Board Game Geek. Don't you start mentioning that 'race card' malarky on this board or you'll have SA and all her EMU friends throwing their virtual dummies around the shop.

I can hear the squeals of indignation and cries (sorry, smears) of 'racist' as I type.

Comment

Working...
                X