• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chocolate Chicken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate Chicken

Daughter phoned me up, "Is it OK to cycle into town?"

"Yes, of course," I replied, "what are you going for?"

"It's a secret."

"OK"...

A few hours later daughter phones me up again, this time crying...

"What's up?" I enquire.

"I bought you a chocolate chicken as a present, but then it kept saying it wanted me to eat it. Now I've eaten it, and I don't have it as a present for you any more."
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

I somehow feel that this isn't going to win the Post of the Year Award.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      I somehow feel that this isn't going to win the Post of the Year Award.
      Absolutely that was a rubbish response Francko

Comment

Thank god I don't have nor ever want kids.

Threaded : You mention that the chicken "talked" to her. Um, child shrink on the cards I reckon.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
          Thank god I don't have nor ever want kids.

which means that you can live a life of celibacy and never have to worry about how you are going to lose your virginity
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

which means that you can live a life of celibacy and never have to worry about how you are going to lose your virginity

Actually, it means me and Mrs BGG can do what we want, when we want, how we want, without having rugrats to worry about (or pets for that matter).

Not that I don't have admiration for those that wish to subject themselves to such torture (sorry, I mean make the sacrifice and raise children), but something I read today made me stop and think.

Can't remember if it was on here on in the paper (and CBA to check), but basically someone was saying that, after a hard day at work, and all the stress of modern life and hassle, coming home to their wife who held their 2 year old at the window as they pulled in to the drive, and her (the 2 year old !) wiggling and waving as she saw Daddy, made him somehow feel complete.

And I thought to myself.

Am I missing out ?

And I realised no.

Because if I wanted something that loved me unconditionally, shat everywhere and cost me a fortune, I'd get a freaking dog.

At least you could feed it, lock it in the dog den, and then play WOW or go out with your missus and your mates.

Ah.....holidays..and kennels....more cost...feck it...scratch the dog.

I'll stay as I am thanks, and kudos to those who have infinitely more patience and other better qualities than me and the missus. It's a hard job, we applaud you.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

They puke all over your expensive new wool carpet and gnaw your stereo too. You forgot those. Then they grow up and no matter how hard you try you can't get rid of them!

PS Whatever anyone tells you, there are no safe times of the month.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                Because if I wanted something that loved me unconditionally, shat everywhere and cost me a fortune, I'd get a freaking dog.
                Nah, you need to be careful with animals. you can attached to them.

Comment

Jeez. What a bunch of freaks your family is Threaded.

Your daughter's 24 years old FFS!!!!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When are you going to update your frigging blog thready? Anything not about coffee machines will do.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X