• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Price Crash - not likely...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Price Crash - not likely...

'http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1610266.ece'

'With 80 buyers chasing every property that comes on the market in London...'

Milan.

Ms Nicholson said: “It was brilliant. I could read details, locate the street on UpMyStreet and even check out the surrounding area. I then dashed down there to view flats in my lunch hour. It has taken about six months but I found a one-bedroom flat for £195,000 with use of garden and moved in a month ago. I was the first person to view it and I made my mind up very quickly.”

oh dear
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 4 April 2007, 10:48.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

blaster,

don't be a spoil sport, as you know you've got to be in it to win it

read the correct newspaper articles and you'll get into the spirit of it all and buy a nice 1 bed flat for a few hundred k

sorteeeeeeeeeed

Milan.

Comment

yup OK
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

the interest rate hike by 0.25 in the coming months should sort it out
          Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Blaster, where are you in Switzerland? Zurich?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

blaster,

nice one lol

Milan.

Comment

i have 4 houses in London which my daddy bought for peanuts in the 50's.....hehehehheheheehehehehe.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6524939.stm

Annual house price inflation across the UK has risen to almost 10%, according to the Nationwide Building Society.

Between January and March prices rose by 2.2%, with all parts of the UK registering house price growth.

The typical home cost £175,554 at the end of the first quarter, the building society's quarterly survey added.

Northern Ireland is experiencing astounding growth, with prices up 57.6% year-on-year, the biggest annual rise the Nationwide has ever recorded.

Experts suggest that the peace dividend is a key reason for such startling growth in house prices in Northern Ireland.

London was also singled out as an area of exceptionally high price growth.

A typical house in the capital costs £280,995, up 14.3% over the past year.

Rejoice!
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Inheritance tax

If ever there was a justified tax then this is it, except for when it disrupts the running of a legitimate business. If upon death an individual's property were to be given to the state it would take the steam out of house prices as property ownership would become a "lifetime rental".

This would not only take the steam out of house prices but it would also force all of us to start out on a level playing field. I have not become a raging commie all of a sudden, as I also believe that the worst thing you can do is give someone something for nothing. Inheritance is right up there with welfare, get rid of them both I say
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X