• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stoopid peope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoopid peope

A Kent vicar says he has been conned out of £12,000 by a man he met in a Christian chatroom who claimed to be a trainee pastor from Nigeria.

The Reverend Robert Nooney planned to set up a multi-faith church and soup kitchen in Thanet.

After discussing it in a chatroom, a man called David said he would fund the project from his £7.5m inheritance if Mr Nooney helped him with legal costs.

But after paying £12,000 he said the money he was promised never arrived.

Mr Nooney said he sent £1,200 from his savings, £1,800 he raised on credit cards and £9,000 he took out in bank loans.

The man called David asked for money for legal fees so he could free up cash from his inheritance and buy an airline ticket so he could visit the project in Kent.

He then asked for money for hospital bills after he said his taxi to the airport crashed.

Mr Nooney said: "It's made me question my faith big time. I feel like I've got a massive amount of shame on my shoulders because I shouldn't have fallen for something like this.

"It's left me feeling really dead inside. Emotions seem to have left me because for the last five days or so I've done nothing but cry and shout in anger at things."
    God moves in mysterious ways
    Last edited by Troll; 4 April 2007, 18:39.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    God moves in mysterious ways

One born every minute!

Comment

A fool and his money.....blah blah

I thought most of the people know about nigerian scammers by now but looks like they still have a big untapped market .

Comment

Who would have thought a man who dedicated his life to organised religion would be gullible...
        All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Ah the exquisite irony of a thread called "Stoopid People" started by Troll.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
            Who would have thought a man who dedicated his life to organised religion would be gullible...
            ROTFPL
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

How did he get the personal loan? Don't banks usually want to know what a loan is for? Did it not even come up in conversation?

Comment

Working...
              X