• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance...lead time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance...lead time?

Does anyone have any recent experience of how long it's taking to get security clearance?

Mine has been in for 6 weeks and I've started my contract on some unclassified stuff for now. I have heard worrying rumours of 16 weeks, from two different sources.

Also should I expect it to be any quicker if I have been fully cleared before and circumstances haven't changed since then?

Hoping for some reassurance but give it to me straight!

The DVA;s Service Level Agreement is 13 weeks... It used to take 6-7 weeks for SC, they got it down to around 4 now, thanks to NL's piss-poor performance in combatting terrorism, it's back out to 13 weeks.

Think positive - at least you got the gig. I can't get back in and I've held SC for most of the last 30 years.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cheers, 13 is better than 16 I guess......

Comment

My ten year renewal was up last year but i wasnt advised...... So it ran out while Ii was in a permy position...... Wasnt until i got an offer for another job and they tried to transfer clearance i found out I didnt have it !!.....

Took ten weeks to go throguh the system.. And I had to sit there waiting, knowing i had a new job to go to....... Nightmare

Comment

Does anyone know whether you can apply for your own security clearance in preperation for potential roles, or does it have to be initiated by an employer/government dept?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn
            Does anyone know whether you can apply for your own security clearance in preperation for potential roles, or does it have to be initiated by an employer/government dept?
            Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggh
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggh
              Surely it would be easier to reply than responding with nonsense?

Comment

Surely it would be easier to reply than responding with nonsense?
                Not as much fun.
                If we were doing the easy and sensible thing you would have googled up the DVA web site, or done a search on these forums and found the answer before asking a stupid ******* question!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

If we could, we would and charge to our companies, but you can't.

Otherwise everyone would have it and it would be worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
                    If we could, we would and charge to our companies, but you can't.

Otherwise everyone would have it and it would be worthless.
                    spoilsport.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                    X