• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Iran humilated Britain...??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Iran humilated Britain...??

Comments pls.
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Originally posted by oloks
    Comments pls.
    I think Iran milked the situation for all it's worth. To described the release as a gift, implies possession. You possess an object first before you give it as a gift.

For Blair to say "we bare the people of Iran no ill will" obviously shows that he doesn't read the CUK forums!

Comment

I think they did exactly what we would do in the opposite situation, ie. they milked it for maximum propaganda value. No-one was tortured or anything like that, so I'm not sure what exactly Iran are supposed to have done wrong at the end of the day.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
        I think they did exactly what we would do in the opposite situation, ie. they milked it for maximum propaganda value. No-one was tortured or anything like that, so I'm not sure what exactly Iran are supposed to have done wrong at the end of the day.
        Depends who you believe, but an armed snatch in foreign waters is wrong. Parading POWs on TV is against a number of conventions as is broadcasting them making statements. There is more.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          Apart from the initial kidnap you mean.
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
            Comments pls.
            I think Iran have handled it really well from their point of view. Propaganda geniuses.

We just look like a sad old out of puff chocolate teapot.

Comment

Ahmadinejad showed the world how weak the west are.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Rather funny really. Watching the beeb, which I assume is the only channel the surrender monkeys watch, you would have thought that England was the aggressor and that Iran was only defending its territory.

However I switched over and watched sky news and they had a completely different story...a number of middle east commentators going on about how Iran f8cked up and that it was only when ahji and his other croonies returned from "holidays" that the situation got resolved. They also talked about how a number of arab countries were pressuring Iran to give the sailors back and that to call it a gift was nothing more than a face saving move by the Iranians to cover up their stuff up.

Pity we didnt see a few Iranian baby milk factories getting blown up!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  Depends who you believe, but an armed snatch in foreign waters is wrong. Parading POWs on TV is against a number of conventions as is broadcasting them making statements. There is more.
                  Is the West (America & UK) not also guilty of this??
                  Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

It has turned into an amusing faux pas by the Iranian republican guard.

Comment

Working...
                    X