• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creme Egg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creme Egg

Just been given a Creme Egg as an Easter give(woohoo)at my current gig with all the permies...does this mean I fail IR35?

more to the point...how do you eat yours?

Comment

bit scared to at the moment so I have still got mine, waiting for a response to see if its an offense. So instead I nicked the permies next to me(on holiday) and didnt even chew it. yum yum

Comment

does anyone remember Creme Egg Easter Eggs that were HUGE.. sort of 2/3 the size of a normal easter egg but a proper creme egg?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by weboo
          Just been given a Creme Egg as an Easter give(woohoo)at my current gig with all the permies...does this mean I fail IR35?
          Why not just shout out "only a creme egg - I expected something from Thorntons at least". Then throw it at your boss.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
            Then throw it at your boss.
            After leaving it in Liquid Nitrogen.

Interestingly, in a kind of son of threaded way, if you place a raw egg in liquid nitrogen, take it out and crack the shell, it appears to be cooked (white and solid). When it warms up again, it turns into runny raw egg.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Why not go to the shops and buy yourself the biggest bestest egg you can find and declare to all the permies that this is what your boss (you) buys his staff (also you). Then tell them about how unfair IR35 really is while you fill your face with your tax free egg (if purchased out of your £140 per year bit). Then pass the little egg back stating that consuming this could effect your IR35 status and in so doing cost you many many thousands of pounds.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Creme Eggs first came out in 1923.

I'm sure I remember them being launched in the 70s.

I agree they used to be much bigger.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I had a girlfriend once who, er, quite liked creme eggs.

I'd best say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    Why not go to the shops and buy yourself the biggest bestest egg you can find and declare to all the permies that this is what your boss (you) buys his staff (also you). Then tell them about how unfair IR35 really is while you fill your face with your tax free egg (if purchased out of your £140 per year bit). Then pass the little egg back stating that consuming this could effect your IR35 status and in so doing cost you many many thousands of pounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X