• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wouldn't this be better used on Blair & Brown?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't this be better used on Blair & Brown?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6528425.stm

Yeah that would be perfect for them

Comment

nah they have perfected the art of lying

Comment

From that BBC report:

"According to government figures, benefit fraud cost the UK economy about £0.7bn in 2005/06."

A mere drop in the ocean when you consider the amounts wasted on govt IT projects.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

That's because the system is so lax that most benefit claimants don't need to commit fraud, they've no intention of working, legitimately or not.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
            From that BBC report:

"According to government figures, benefit fraud cost the UK economy about £0.7bn in 2005/06."

A mere drop in the ocean when you consider the amounts wasted on govt IT projects.
            Agreed, it'll probably cost more to outfit the offices, train the staff, pay the consultants to measure the results etc. etc. etc. than they'll possibly ever recover.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's no use on Brown and Blair as it doesn't shoot bullets!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It'll be the simplest system in history. One line: Output "They're lying".

Still take 600 people to plan and document before being rewritten by IBM into a collosal turd that's the biggest system in history.

I've got nothing against IBM, except experience.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Oh a lie detector.I thought you meant a machine gun.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X