• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG IR35 Insurance certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG IR35 Insurance certificate

Do they send one through the post? Do they send anything through the post? I have just joined but other than the email from worldpay I have nothing from them to prove I am a member?

Also when navigating the site I am always getting a 'you are not logged in' msg when I am??? The forums don't work either.

Their special insurance deals were more expensive than the open market too, it all looks a bit shoddy to me, have I waisted my money?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

You're a member, you don't need a certificate. There is a membership card coming very soon now (next month I think) if you really want something to hang in the downstaairs loo.

The login problem has been there for years and is only now being fixed. Blame the original suppliers for seriously deficient software and some badly linked databases. Meanwhile, just click the Login button on the right hand column and it will spring into action.

Forums work perfectly well - what problems are you having?

The insurances are usually cheaper by around 10%-15%. Make sure you are comparing like-for-like. Again, which ones don't you lilke?

And why ask people here about PCG's issues? They have a very good and supportive team on the end of a phone or you can email [email protected]

OK?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
      Also when navigating the site I am always getting a 'you are not logged in' msg when I am??? The forums don't work either.

You may need to 'subscribe' to the forums (edit your profile). If you can't see the forums list then email the address in Mal's post. Usually get a v.quick response.

HTH

Comment

A became a member few weeks back.

Do they send one through the post?
        No insurance certificate gets sent out. from what I have read - you are eligible for legal/tax helpline and the insurance because you are a member. there is no contract between you and the insurance company. the contract exists between PCG and the insurance company.

Do they send anything through the post?
        Yes. You get a welcome letter with your membership number etc, a CD with documents that are also available online (IR35 guide, freelancing guide, etc) and some magazines.

Didn't happen to me. browser/cookie issue?

it all looks a bit shoddy to me, have I waisted my money?
        well don't know about you.
        But I think they were quite clear about what is on offer.

I found the documents/guides (IR35 guide) very good.
        The forums (once you sort out the problem!) are very informative. Many good quality posts there.
        The insurance against possible IR35 investigation, PAYE, VAT is something most contractors will need.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio

And why ask people here about PCG's issues? They have a very good and supportive team on the end of a phone or you can email [email protected]

OK?
          Thanks for the reply, I asked on here because I couldn't get on the PCG forums!

Internal Server Error
          The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
          Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.pcg.org.uk Port 80
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I have just worked out and found the best deal out of my research as below.

Considering IR35 insurance which also covers your tax liabilities along with the usual legal fees, although the indemnity limit is 50K.

I have given below the comparison of taking all the required insurances from just Qdos and a combination of Qdos and Cuance ohara via Contractor Alliance. If you are ok with just the legal fee cover may be you could just pay 60£ to cuance ohara which saves you 265£ and also saves you froom the burden of maintaing two diff companies. In my case I wanted a little bit more peace of mind so went for Qdos TLC35.

From Qdos

EL & PL for 10 million and 1 million - 152.50£
            PI for 250000 - 225.00£
            IR35(Incl fee and any tax liability) - 325.00£
            Total 702.50£

From Cuance oHara (Via Contracor Alliance) & Qdos

Membership Fee(Contractor Alliance - 30£
            EL & PL for 5 Million & PL 1million - 90£
            PI for 250000 -184£
            IR35 Ins incl fee & liabil (Qdos) -325£
            629£

Also I have compared Hiscox for a similar specs (excludig IR35 insurance) and found it to be around 360£, so found the best way to take IR35 from Qdos and rest all from cuance ohara via Contractor Alliance

Sorry guys I cannot get the formatting right, please manage with this.

hope this helps

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              Thanks for the reply, I asked on here because I couldn't get on the PCG forums!

Internal Server Error
              The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
              Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.pcg.org.uk Port 80
              Odd - send that to the admin address, but it looks lke a cookie permissions error at your end. That said, there was a bit update over the weekend and something may be screwed up. I suggest you call them first - 0845 125 9899
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                The login problem has been there for years and is only now being fixed. Blame the original suppliers for seriously deficient software and some badly linked databases.
                Yep, their site is actually one of worst I've had to deal with IMO, and is quite frankly embarrasing. They should have contracted it out to one of their members. To be honest, I wrote better code when I was at university.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                X