• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, I made a decision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I made a decision

After 20 odd years contracting I'm going to take a permanent position with the music software company I'm currently with.

I've also just signed a deal to record my first solo album so Plan B is working out really well.

If y'all don't mind I'd like to hang around here although come Monday I won't be a contractor anymore.
    Me, me, me...

Dunno. Us retired men of leisure sorts (SNEER) hang around here occasionally, but permies is a bit much!

Solo album? What sorta stuff?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The album is a bit of a departure for me, I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel. I still have some stuff to write but I'll be recording soon with a Christmas release date.

I do actually feel kinda retired since I get to work at home and the load is light (SNEER).
      Me, me, me...

Comment

congratulations

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
          I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel.

Hope I don't see you down the local market pluckin for some tucker.
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

The album is a bit of a departure for me, I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel. I still have some stuff to write but I'll be recording soon with a Christmas release date.

I do actually feel kinda retired since I get to work at home and the load is light (SNEER).

Sounds like a Steeleye Span retro covers album.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
              Hope I don't see you down the local market pluckin for some tucker.
              Don't knock it - Plan C
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                Sounds like a Steeleye Span retro covers album.
                Might not be far off there. I did a couple of gigs with Maddy Prior & Rick Kemp some years ago.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Don't knock it - Plan C

Mine's plan C#

Different tune, same wonga without bashing the bongas, or the bishop.
                  "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Theres to much sneering on here for my liking!!

Congratulations Cliphead - let us know when the album is released so we can all run out and buy it and say we know someone famous After all, you'll need the cash now that you're a permie

Good luck with everything
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X