• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best business bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best business bank account

OK like many others I have recently set up my Ltd company and moved away from umbrella service.

My next step & final I think is to set up a business bank account.

So i am looking for recommendations for a business account that offers

Internet banking

high street branch

minimal paperwork

please let me know what you think.

Dave

see the 'new bank account opening' thread.

Lots of contractors with Cater Allen (myself included - good interest rate, excellent service - just shame they still haven't got online access sorted). Alliance & Leicester are v.popular also. I'd advise just going with one of the high street big boys - you'll end up with crap interest rate, and after an initial free banking period will start getting charged....much much better deals are out there.
    .Net and iPhone developer - check out Contractor Expenses app @ www.ContractorExpensesApp.com

Comment

I would second Cater Allen, they have free banking and quite good interest rates and I believe that internet banking is due in May, although their telephone banking system works very well.

I believe you can use branches of the Royal Bank of Scotland although I cannot see what you need branch access for?
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I am with HSBC. Very good internet and telephone banking. I was about to switch to Alliance & Leicester last month as HSBC's bank account offers 2.52% interest rate but HSBC has just launced a business deposit account of 4.58% and that kept me with them

I am currently on an 18 month free banking deal. I might have to reconsider when this is over, but so far, it has worked very good for me

I was with Cater Allen for 5 months when I started, their telephone banking was indeed very good. I didn't like two things though, 1. No Internet banking 2. No interest on the first £5000 in the account, so banking with them is not really free, is it?

Good luck with your research

Comment

Working...
        X