• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird Whistle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird Whistle

An MIT student spent an entire summer going to Harvard football field every day wearing a black and while striped shirt, walking up and down the field for ten or fifteen minutes throwing birdseed all over the field, blowing a whistle and walking off the field.

At the end of the summer, it came time for the first Harvard home football game. When the referee walked onto the field and blew his whistle, the game had to be delayed for half an hour to wait for the birds to get off the field.

The student wrote a thesis on this project... and graduated.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    An MIT student spent an entire summer going to Harvard football field every day wearing a black and while striped shirt, walking up and down the field for ten or fifteen minutes throwing birdseed all over the field, blowing a whistle and walking off the field.

At the end of the summer, it came time for the first Harvard home football game. When the referee walked onto the field and blew his whistle, the game had to be delayed for half an hour to wait for the birds to get off the field.

Doesn't suprise me. You can achieve almost anything for little effort these days.

I once p1ssed in a pot, called it art and two days later Satchi & Satchi offered to buy it. Unfortunately, by the time the cheque arrived, the contents of the pot had evaporated. I did offer to p1ss in the pot again for them but they asked for their cheque back citing "we don't collect copies". Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

Interesting.

I too have toyed with such potential topics as the political implications of 'Keep Left' Signposts and the socio-economics of low quality/inflated price illicit drugs trafficking.

Comment

Hadn't Pavlov done that already?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          Hadn't Pavlov done that already?
          Not quite methinks, Pavlovs work was on conditional reflex, whereas this birds one is actually a conditioned reflex.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X