• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.linkedin.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.linkedin.com

Does any one use this network www.linkedin.com ??? I've been there for years but haven't used it much as I've been a permie and didn't care much of networking.

Yeah, I'm on there and as I move around more people get added to my list of contacts....but I'm not convinced of its usefulness. I suspect it may be more aimed at thrusting middle-management types...its very popular with my colleagues in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
      Yeah, I'm on there and as I move around more people get added to my list of contacts....but I'm not convinced of its usefulness. I suspect it may be more aimed at thrusting middle-management types...its very popular with my colleagues in the USA.
      It can be useful. One of my contacts there , a guy in Denmark, told me he got 3 requests for interviews via linkedin. He is a firewall admin.

Comment

I'm registered on there, and have been for about 3 months, and to be honset until I read your post I haven't logged into it. I guess I'll go there and update my profile now
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

I've been a member for a couple of years but I never get around to using it.

Comment

I've been a member for a few years now. I'm with BobJ on this one as I am not sure of it's usefulness. It's a handy reference for contacts who may have moved on but there is also the 'professional networker' who will invite you to 'connect' as they just want to break the 5000 contacts mark...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
            X