• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do we know about Iranians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do we know about Iranians?

Since Iran is shortly to become our enemy in another war, I suddenly realised that I know very little about them, which is quite rude.

So, apart from hitting themselves over the head with shoes, what else do we know about them?

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Since Iran is shortly to become our enemy in another war, I suddenly realised that I know very little about them, which is quite rude.

So, apart from hitting themselves over the head with shoes, what else do we know about them?
    Best insult is to call them Arabs instead of Persian
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

i think this whole thing with Iran is a farse!
      Over-rated tosh which will probably be used by bush and blair to start another war (as if we dont have enough bloodshed at the moment).

It sickens me that "war" seems to be the buzz word and has been ever since 9/11.

"Imagine there's no countries
      It isn't hard to do
      Nothing to kill or die for
      And no religion too
      Imagine all the people
      Living life in peace
      "
      Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
        i think this whole thing with Iran is a farse!
        Over-rated tosh which will probably be used by bush and blair to start another war (as if we dont have enough bloodshed at the moment).

It sickens me that "war" seems to be the buzz word and has been ever since 9/11.

It isn't hard to do
        And no religion too
        Imagine all the people
        Living life in peace"
        So it doesn't worry you that the Iranian PM has sworn to wipe Isreal off the map? or that they are radical Muslims? go read the Koran and the Hadith and see what you make of their attitude to infidels and how Muslims should protect one another and thier land.

Imagine is fine, but you have to get past religion first.

[edit] Try these to start with
        Note. Be careful. Whoever wrote these may have an ulterior motive.

A translation of the Koran as it is today.
        http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/
        A translation of the Koran in chronological order (best guess I think) which is important as Islam is a revealed religion, therefore later edicts take precedence.
        http://thriceholy.net/Texts/Rodwell_Koran.html
        A compendium of Islamic texts.
        http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/
        Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 10 April 2007, 08:09.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I think they have nice coffee.

Also, my old schoolteacher was Iranian...and he was a hyperactive Pink Floyd fan.

Not sure if that applies to all Iranians though.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

Well, we did, under Churchill's orders (no, not the Churchill on this board) to invade Iran in 1941 to secure the oil fields against German expansion into N Africa and the middle east, and also ensure we had resources to fuel our war effort. Then after it all ended, we put in a puppet leader, the Shar of Iran who got deposed. Iran has always had a gripe against us (some might say justifiably too) and sees us as friends of the Great Satan (i.e. the U.S.)

Persoanlly, I think they're just a bunch of radical Islamic airheads who like to kick off at anything that might be construed as anti-Iranian or anti-Islamic.

Comment

Well all I know about Iran, is that it has managed to keep in the news in some shape and form ever since I was a young lad. A large portion of that has been because of some war, revolution,uprising of sorts. Don't appear to be a very peace loving nation.
              threenine.co.uk
              Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
                It isn't hard to do
                And no religion too
                Imagine all the people
                Living life in peace
                "
                On the contrary, I think it is very hard to imagine no countries - do we all live like the Iranians, or like the yanks, or like the chinese?

And the third line is crap as well. Ultimately it is liebensraum that we will kill and die for.

I liked Lennon, but he was also an airhead at times.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  So it doesn't worry you that the Iranian PM has sworn to wipe Isreal off the map?
                  It's well known that what was widely reported was a mistranslation that made what he said sound far worse than what it was. What he actually said was that Israel should not exist as a political entity, never should have, and should be removed politically. What he did not say was that Israel should be wiped off the map militarily, which is what the mistranslation alludes to.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...7offthemap.htm

Perhaps you should do a little investigation yourself before asking others to...
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    I think they have nice coffee.

Also, my old schoolteacher was Iranian...and he was a hyperactive Pink Floyd fan.

Not sure if that applies to all Iranians though.
                    Interestingly I once went to an Iranian restaurant in Bounds Green and they had this guy playing Pink Floyd covers on a Bontempi organ at mind-numbing volume (he hadn't started when we went in). Serisouly, it sounded like he was playing through a 3kW PA system. Wonder if that was him?
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                    X