• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you think blogs should have <R> ratings?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think blogs should have <R> ratings?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6540385.stm

This is all heading in the "can we control the Internet" direction... Along with regulation and censorship. I'm imagining a not-too-distant future where ISPs have much more of a regulatory function than they do now - and possibly even nationalisation of ISPs.

Originally posted by realityhack
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6540385.stm

This is all heading in the "can we control the Internet" direction... Along with regulation and censorship. I'm imagining a not-too-distant future where ISPs have much more of a regulatory function than they do now - and possibly even nationalisation of ISPs.

It's a Blarite Nannyfication of the Internet

Comment

Unless ISPs are used as a control mechanism - I don't see how this can be implemented. Obviously if people post libel/blatant death threats then the authorities would get involved - as they will in Kathy Sierra's case, but general moderation would surely be unworkable on such a large scale?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
        but general moderation would surely be unworkable on such a large scale?
        Never underestimate this government's ability to press on with complex expensive projects in the face of all logic rh.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
        X