• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Love thy Neighbour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love thy Neighbour?

So what does the panel think about the pilot schemes that will be operating around the country Sarah's Law ? I can't help thinking that if someone is a danger to children then they shouldn't be housed in areas where there are children.

Only a matter of time till the first paedo gets lynched. Whether or not that is a good thing and will help is open to debate.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh great! So people will be told that someone on the Sex Offenders Register lives nearby without clarifying who it is (or whether the offence involved children) thus leading to all sorts of speculation and rumour. Some poor bastard, who 'looks like a nonce', is going to get their house firebombed any day soon.

Whenever I see things like this it beggars belief that the very idea wasn't shot down immediately on the basis that it's a "tulip idea".
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I see no point in this "law".

Why should parents need to be aware that a sex offender lives close by?
        Shouldn't they be looking after their kids anyway?
        The bloke next door may be a serial sex offender who has never been caught.
        Just because no one on the register lives close does not make them safe.
        A majority of child sex offenders are family members and close friends.

If this law must be implemented then an associated law with serious consequences for vigilantes must go with it.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

and here was I thinking we were talking about the classic 70's 'PC' sitcom......

The problem is that convicted nonces tend to get placed in areas where pond life thrive, normally some sink estate in a land that time forgot. Due to this the chances of mob brutality, and lynchings are greatly increased. Let us not forget that only 2 years ago some pillars of one community carried out this piece of public service.......

http://archive.salon.com/sex/world/2...nte/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
            and here was I thinking we were talking about the classic 70's 'PC' sitcom......

The problem is that convicted nonces tend to get placed in areas where pond life thrive, normally some sink estate in a land that time forgot. Due to this the chances of mob brutality, and lynchings are greatly increased. Let us not forget that only 2 years ago some pillars of one community carried out this piece of public service.......

http://archive.salon.com/sex/world/2...nte/index.html

C'mon people, wake up. This is a brilliant piece of Government Strategy:-

1. Word gets out there's a nonce in the neighbourhood.
            2. The "incredibly stupid but retain the right to be pious" brigade go on the hunt.
            3. nonce gets baseball-batted to death.
            4. Government saves a sh1t load of money on policing/community supervision costs.

I sense the hand of GB and his treasury cronies.

Comment

What we need is to educate the children with paedo fairy tales
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss

When I have kids I'll make sure they all have 'nonce sense' you have to in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
                  When I have kids I'll make sure they all have 'nonce sense' you have to in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    We already do you arsehole, they are just not called that. There are any number of dodgy fairy tale characters to teach children not to go off with strangers.

Come on Rob, it is Rob isnt it? Are you so one dimensional?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X