• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May Local Elections Loom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Local Elections Loom

What's the concensus?
    I Couldn't Give A Sh*t / Don't Intend to Vote
    28.00%
    Vote Independent Candidate
    0.00%
    Vote Labour
    12.00%
    Vote Conservative
    28.00%
    Vote Liberal Democrat
    8.00%
    Vote UKIP
    0.00%
    Vote Green Party
    0.00%
    Vote BNP
    12.00%
    Vote SNP
    4.00%
    Vote Plaid Cymru
    8.00%

I had a Lib-dem bloke turn up on my doorstep yesterday... on a feckin' bank holiday

That’s good enough reason for me not to vote for the inconsiderate bastards.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Where's the Anyone But Labour option?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Where's the Anyone But Labour option?
        Thats me this year. Previously I've done Not Labour and Not the Tories....this year I'm just going with whichever is most damaging to Labour...scarily I think thats going to be the Tories....I've never voted for them before

Comment

Agreed (although I confess to being a long-time Tory man). Anything that weakens them is OK by me.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Even on here some votes have been cast for labour, they must have rigged it! Can we have a recount.

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
              Even on here some votes have been cast for labour, they must have rigged it! Can we have a recount.
              Maybe they're taking the long-term view - The longer Labour have the opportunity to balls everything up, the longer they'll be out of power once the penny finally drops.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                Maybe they're taking the long-term view - The longer Labour have the opportunity to balls everything up, the longer they'll be out of power once the penny finally drops.
                As long as the debt bubble explodes on Labour's watch.

If not, Mr Thicky Average Voter will throw his hands up in horror at what he thinks the Tories have done, and Labour get back in for even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  Maybe they are old enough to realise whoever you voted for the Government always gets in i.e. more of the same
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The question ios

Do you vote for Labour so they carry on being complete idiots in the mistaken belief we still love them (I never did)

Or

Do you take your opportunity to give them the bl**dy nose they so richly deserve, but then they make up to what complete [insert-as-appropiate] they have been and then improve in time to inflict another term of New Labour on us.

Comment

Working...
                    X