• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

disgusted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disgusted

Just a selection from today's BBC news site:

Police have launched an investigation after violent clashes involving up to 200 people outside a mosque. ..... The clashes, which lasted five hours, followed tensions among people who use the mosque and is the second such incident in two years, police said.
    A motorway was blocked when a car was made to stop in the middle lane and its occupants hit with baseball bats. The attack happened on the northbound carriageway of the M1 in Northants when a Ford Focus was forced to stop by four vehicles near junction 15. ..... The offenders are described as black, aged between 20 and 30 and were wearing black clothing and gold jewellery.
    Boy, 13, in court over stabbing: A boy has appeared in court charged with the fatal stabbing of a teenager near his east London home.
    Two teenage girls robbed a shop in Swindon at gunpoint. The pair, believed to be about 15 or slightly older, threatened the owner of the store in County Road, and forced three customers to lie on the floor.
    Am I mis-remembering, and it was always like this? I don't think so.

Into my heart an air that kills
    From yon far country blows:
    What are those blue remembered hills,
    What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
    I see it shining plain,
    The happy highways where I went
    And cannot come again.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Am I mis-remembering, and it was always like this? I don't think so.
    I had the same feeling earlier today. What the hell is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
      I had the same feeling earlier today. What the hell is going on?
      Didn't find the shot pregnant woman on the front page, but yes, that too, and Plaistow shooting,and...

And I'm not trying to be racist, I just picked off the stories that fit the pattern.

Comment

Perhaps its global warming. Or crap TV. Or cinema. Perhaps its because there aren't enough police on the streets. Or too many police leaving. Maybe the media are just concentrating on it. Maybe we view the past with rose-tinted specs and a failing memory. Hmm, that should about cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
          Perhaps its global warming. Or crap TV. Or cinema. Perhaps its because there aren't enough police on the streets. Or too many police leaving. Maybe the media are just concentrating on it. Maybe we view the past with rose-tinted specs and a failing memory. Hmm, that should about cover it.
          As usual, I'm not looking for an explanation I just want it not to be so

Comment

this stuff is the norm in some other parts of the world, now why would it become commonplace here ?

Comment

Finally something the UK can lead the world in :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1626691.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nknife320.xml
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X