• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

havent got a clue what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent got a clue what to do

im a contractor with paystream and they have just told me that i now dont fall within oustide IR35, and i am now going to be PAYE (as you can guess i was well pleased to find out that im gonna be £200 a month down.

is the anything else that i can do, i realy dont understand all this crap

Originally posted by craigscoob
    im a contractor with paystream and they have just told me that i now dont fall within oustide IR35, and i am now going to be PAYE (as you can guess i was well pleased to find out that im gonna be £200 a month down.

The reason you're going PAYE is nothing to do with IR35 and everything to do with:-

a) You are using a Managed Service Company
    b) MSCs have been effectively eliminated as a viable way to operate this budget with new legislation
    c) This legislation was announced officially in the pre-budget report in November
    d) It was first mentioned by the chancellor nearly 18 months ago
    e) What planet are you on that you managed to escape hearing about this?

As for what you can do, you have 2 choices:-

a) Carry on paying PAYE through an umbrella company
    b) Start your own limited company to enable you pay less tax
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

You said it all Cowboy.

I just love the way MSC's now tell their oblivious clients that they are inside IR35 and have to pay PAYE and they believe it !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAG
        You said it all Cowboy.

I just love the way MSC's now tell their oblivious clients that they are inside IR35 and have to pay PAYE and they believe it !!!!
        Mine just told me a week ago!!! - 1stcontact!

Comment

You need to! "I didn't understand" won't stop HMRC from bumming you to death. Do a search on here for the basics and ask any questions afterwards. Knowledge is power...

Comment

They obviously have expert advisors on hand at Paystream then if they can't decide if your contract is inside or outside of ir35 (funnily as others mentioned just at a time when legislation has changed regarding the use of MSC providers) I'm sure you can make your own conclusion that they are either telling fibs or they just don't have a clue, either way I know I wouldn't invest my hard earned cash with them...

Comment

Working...
            X