• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 - 1. Football or a slaughter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 - 1. Football or a slaughter?

How the **** did Roma manage to let it go so completely tits up? I lost £20 at the bookies on a 2-1 win to Roma!!!

The question should be how the feck did Roma get to the quarters. They are tulipe and only got into the champions league by the back door.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      The question should be how the feck did Roma get to the quarters. They are tulipe and only got into the champions league by the back door.
      Roma doesn't have the extensive range of good footballers as Manchester Utd. The first leg they were at full formation and when these 11 people are playing the team is good and can compete at the same level as teams like Man Utd. Now, 2 of the major players were missing - Taddei and Perrotta, which are indeed as important as Ronaldo and Rooney for Man Utd. Roma doesn't have Smith or Carrick on the bench but second-rate players who cannot stand a chance with Man Utd players. So it was more like playing 9 against 11 for the whole time. Get a good Man Utd in top shape and then the outcome is easy. That's what football is about now. Just money. Take Ronaldo and Rooney off and replace them with two players from Leyton and you would have reached an equal opportunity.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        by the back door.
        Normal for Ities.
        Roma only won the first leg because ManUre played with ten men for most of it.
        They were always going to beat Roma by a distance at Trafford.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm gutted, I had my Roma training top washed especially to wear today
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            I'm gutted, I had my Roma training top washed especially to wear today

As did I.......

I hate the way the rag biased media are going to hype this up into something its clearly not. They beat a poor, poor Roma side who's back 4 and goalkeeper would not look out of place in my Sunday team-yet pedo Pleat couldn't stop himself ejaculating everytime Tranaldo touched the ball.

I've said it all season Utd won't win a trophy and Im still confident I'll be proved right. We'll turn them over at the COMS on May 5th, Munich will beat them in the semis of the ECL and Chelsea will beat the in the FA cup final.

Comment

I see the Scum fans disgraced themselves again by kicking off with the local Bobbies.

They should be kicked out of Europe that lot.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

And all those flukey goals they scored, and the flukey one touch passes.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Id never want my club to become what Utd have become for all the trophies in the world....

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
                    Id never want my club to become what Utd have become for all the trophies in the world....
                    That's handy then because they will never win anything
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X