• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cynical Contractors and Mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cynical Contractors and Mortgages

I start my new 'perm' position next week. Having roughly matched my contracting take home which transpires to a quite high permie salary I have decided to take my new 'perm' position for the next six months....

I was planning a move to the west country and a new shop. This job is in the wrong locatiion. I also realised that the three pay slips including bonus would appear to be considerably more than what shows on my business accounts.

I have always been amazed at how banks will lend against your Gross permie salary but only the profit of your contracting company. As my contracting is always full of hefty 'expenses' to minimise tax it doesnt look great in the account stakes so in the last few years I can't prove my income very well.

So I am cynically going to use the new perm position to obtain a nice hefty mortgage on a much larger house in the south then jump back into contracting again in October.

Very cynical.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I worked through Parasol for 18 months, got a nice P60 with a full year's pay showing on it and got a nice fat mortgage based purely on that and being 'an employee' of Parasol. As soon as that was approved I went LTD. Had to be done

Comment

Gentlemen,

is it really wise to elaborate on your personal business in an internet forum ?

Granted you have nobody in the real world to talk to about such things but is this really the place ?

Can I suggest you get a dog, dogs can be great friends to man and have proved so in the past, moreover, a dog will always listen to your ramblings.

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

Real contractors buy their houses with cash.

HTH
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          Real contractors buy their houses with cash.

HTH
          Darn, I was going to say that.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"is it really wise to elaborate on your personal business in an internet forum ?"

Cough, cough. How's plan B Milan? Cough.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

it's fine

plan b is plan b and has never been elaborated on here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                So I am cynically going to use the new perm position to obtain a nice hefty mortgage on a much larger house in the south then jump back into contracting again in October.

Very cynical.
                Why would you want to trade up in the current housing market?

tim

Comment

that's MF for you

goes with the territory

Milan.

Comment

apparently 2008 is the year for the crash according to the spread betting market in the telegraph yesterday...

The US market is already starting to dip... it will no doubt be a soft landing but time to start planing
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                    X