• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being poorly...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being poorly...

Being poorly sucks when you're a contractor.

I feel like crap today - got a stingy eyes, snotty nose, aching body type cold

If I was a permie I'd have rang in sick, and I'd be tucked up in bed with my PJ's on, snuggled under the duvet watching chick flicks all day

Stupid daily rate
    The pope is a tard.

Well at least you went to work. I've never had a day sick in the 13 years I've been working. If you are lucky what you've got will be contagious and the permies will be dropping like flies....then you'll get a quality extension at a higher rate to do the work of three of them. Perhaps not...

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
      Well at least you went to work. I've never had a day sick in the 13 years I've been working. If you are lucky what you've got will be contagious and the permies will be dropping like flies....then you'll get a quality extension at a higher rate to do the work of three of them. Perhaps not...

I like the way you think BOB!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Sounds like H5N1 to me.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
          Sounds like H5N1 to me.
          Probably - but I'm a tough Geordie bird, I'll see it off with a bacon sarnie and a crunchie no doubt!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I like the way you think BOB!
            Thats BOBJ to you SallyAnn Is the Crunchie in the bacon sarnie or is it just dessert?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBJ
              Thats BOBJ to you SallyAnn Is the Crunchie in the bacon sarnie or is it just dessert?
              I see what you did there

No, the crunchie was planned or desert, but I've actually resisted so far (can't see me lasting much longer though!)
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

If I was a permie I'd have rang in sick, and I'd be tucked up in bed with my PJ's on, snuggled under the duvet watching chick flicks all day

Stupid daily rate

Perhaps it's time to consider business interuption insurance. It's not too expensive and will hlep pay the bills especially if you have go on long term sick for a major health problem. Mine pays for sickies too in certain circumstances though I'm not sure it would pay up for instances of fat ginger bird flu

Comment

Are your finances really that strapped that you can't take a day off?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Stupid daily rate
                    If I'm not well I now just take the day off and nip it in the bud. I used to try to come in but then things sometimes got worse and ended up taking 2/3 days off instead. Are you guys really that tight?

Comment

Working...
                    X