• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bicycle Race

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle Race

I am in a bicycle race this evening. So, those of you who wish to come along and cheer on Team Threaded it's at the Tysk Plantation kick off at 18:30.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    I am in a bicycle race this evening. So, those of you who wish to come along and cheer on Team Threaded it's at the Tysk Plantation kick off at 18:30.
    Will it be televised?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      Will it be televised?
      I understand it will be on one of the (?extreme?) sports channels, but maybe not live as it is round one of a competition and they might just make a show with parts from all the races. Some riders are doing it with helmet mounted video cams as well, so should end up on You Tube etc. etc.

Comment

Well, I didn't win, but I don't think I came last...

Had a spectacular crash, right in front of a camera crew that I'd been chatting to at the start. Cleats jammed in the pedals so I was still attached and holding onto the bike when I ended right-side up at the bottom.

"If that ends up on the editing room floor I'm sending it to Worlds Funniest Videos." I heard one of them shout laughingly as I worked out which day of the week it was.

Buggered the bike up and I bent bits so I was stuck single speeding with the chain dragging, slapping and sucking for most of the course. Have a lovely collection of cuts and bruises.

Comment

"Well, I didn't win, but I don't think I came last..."

I came and watched as I was in the area and will be until Friday.

No you didn;t come last Threaded, but 2nd to last. How on earth that 80 year old woman with the false leg didnt pip you at the post amazes me, but a stewards enquiry discovered that someone had put itching powder in her leg!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Some pikies from one photographer.

Comment

Video can be found here - http://tinyurl.com/37pbdp

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Some pikies from one photographer.
                and where are you ??
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  "Well, I didn't win, but I don't think I came last..."

I came and watched as I was in the area and will be until Friday.

No you didn;t come last Threaded, but 2nd to last. How on earth that 80 year old woman with the false leg didnt pip you at the post amazes me, but a stewards enquiry discovered that someone had put itching powder in her leg!!!
                  Would that be the non-false one?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                    and where are you ??
                    You've not found me yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X