• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dead, mad or in a coma?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead, mad or in a coma?

Thoughts on the finale of Life on Mars last night anyone?

Older and ...well, just older!!

I thought it was a tulipe ending. Still they can try and do it better next time: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6542633.stm

Comment

Seemed like a bizarre choice to me.
      Going back to a set of neanderthals who he has nothing in common with and who regard him as a poofter.
      Not to mention the fact that his love interest has gone two whole series without dropping them for him.
      How crap must his real life have been?
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Proof that things were really better in the '70s...
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Well, at least you could have a skinful of beer and then drive home.

The copper's meeting in the present bought home the tedium, pontification, the PC babble, the mandatory risk assessment that has sucked the very marrow of joy from our lives, rather than getting on with doing the job as Hunt would have done:

"Right, find out who that dead woman was, find out who killed her. Do it now."
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Or the immortal Gene Hunt one-liner:

This case is going as fast as a bunch of spastics in a magnet factory
            Top marks to the writers for that one...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

"I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"

and

"I've come at this from more angles than Linda Lovelace."
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

“He has got his fingers in more pies than a leper in a cook house”
                www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

'You great soft, sossy, girly, nancy, French bender Man Utd supporting POOF!'
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

DI Tyler: Haven't you ever heard of softly, softly?
                    DCI Hunt: I prefer Z-Cars.

Comment

Working...
                    X