• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE close to 6500

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE close to 6500

good time to sell?

6500 ? Not on my screen but I take your point.

I've always found the BBC 6 o'clock news to be an excellent indicator of market tops. When they carry a story of 'boom times on the stock exchange' then sell and/or short. A couple of years ago they got the top on the pound within two days.
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
      6500 ? Not on my screen but I take your point.

I've always found the BBC 6 o'clock news to be an excellent indicator of market tops. When they carry a story of 'boom times on the stock exchange' then sell and/or short. A couple of years ago they got the top on the pound within two days.
      so 6444 is not close to 6500?
      7 points off 52 week high.

Comment

I'm out of almost all FTSE trackers, just individual stocks now. Wouldn't say it was definitely time to go short yet though.

Comment

just sold lock, STOCK and barrell. Looks like US is having a little fall now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
            just sold lock, STOCK and barrell. Looks like US is having a little fall now.
            They heard what you'd done...

Comment

Absolutely not - let it ride. Trying to guess the top is a game for idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                They heard what you'd done...
                the call me buffet round here

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                  Absolutely not - let it ride. Trying to guess the top is a game for idiots.
                  Not guessing the top just happy with the profit I've made on my portfolio and I now believe it's a good time to sell, sit back and determine my next move.

Comment

Working...
                  X