• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Night in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Night in London

My band are playing at The Venue this Friday 13th April.

If you'd like to come, if only to meet the real freakydancer, let me know, and I'll send you the details.

And we sound nothing like Coldplay/Keane/James "f**king" Blunt

Call the cops

Surely a bunch of It contractors would ruin your "image".

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Surely a bunch of It contractors would ruin your "image".
      No, I'm more worried about truck drivers to be honest.....
      Call the cops

Comment

Is is anything along the lines of either Depeche Mode / New Wave 80's / Kraftwerk or something like Rammstein/Slipknot/Lacuna Coil stuff ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
          Is is anything along the lines of either Depeche Mode / New Wave 80's / Kraftwerk or something like Rammstein/Slipknot/Lacuna Coil stuff ?
          Not one mention of Slayer, highly disappointed!!

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            My band are playing at The Venue this Friday 13th April.

If you'd like to come, if only to meet the real freakydancer, let me know, and I'll send you the details.

And we sound nothing like Coldplay/Keane/James "f**king" Blunt

So your band is the 'Rollin Stoned' then I guess? Which one are you Mick or Keith?

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
              No, I'm more worried about truck drivers to be honest.....
              Thats it....your getting a big rig parked outside.

Comment

Trendy contractors. Whatever next. The world has gone to pot.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not one mention of Slayer, highly disappointed!!
                  Oooops.....

Many years ago, I was chatting to a window-cleaner, who was giving it large about how his business was doing really well in London, his team were cleaning several high profile locations, etc etc etc.
                  I'd have pegged him about 35 years old, shell-suit wearer, jack-the-lad type..you get my drift.

We chatted about music and I mentioned that Slayer were one of my favourite bands. They had just released Reign in Blood (1986), still one of thrash metal's genre-defining albums.

The guy got up, went over to a cupboard, and pulled out Reign in Blood, signed by all the band. He said "yeah, I was doing Tower Records last week, and they were there signing, and I got one signed. Not my sort of music. I was gonna flog it (this was before ebay and the like). Didn't realise you liked them. Have it."

I was completely and utterely gob-smacked. Seems like he wasn't giving it large after all. I'm sure there's a moral in there somwehere.

(and yes, I still have it today)
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Can't make it tonight mate but good luck! You still off to IOW? Can you still get tickets?

Comment

Working...
                    X