• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It was 2am and we were awoken by screaming...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was 2am and we were awoken by screaming...

... coming from my daughter's room. We have a loft conversion, so I had to race downstairs. I thought she was being murdered or something.

So I dashed in and asked what was wrong. she replied "I want to take my slippers off" - she had gone to bed wearing them.

2 months ago we got the same thing - she wanted tissues to blow her nose and couldn't just go into the bathroom for some reason.

It took me 2 hours to go back to sleep. And I get up at 5:30 so I can get home to spend some time with them.

I cant be cross with her as if she really does need help or is ill I want her to scream. She was 5 last week.

Kids are not all joy and delight...

my son is coming up to 7 next month - he's probably slept through less than 20 nights since he's been born...
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I think that gin holds the key.

Enough, and you'll never hear 'em...

HTH
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I love kids but can't ever see myslef being a father-it terrifies me if Im honest...

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
          I think that gin holds the key.

Enough, and you'll never hear 'em...

HTH
          for the kids or you? or both?

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
            I love kids but can't ever see myslef being a father-it terrifies me if Im honest...
            how old are you?

despite my experiences of divorce and the huge fight to see the kids, there have been some fabuluos times.

Some say best to go straight to the grandparent stage without being a parent...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
              for the kids or you? or both?
              Whoever wants one in our house...
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
                my son is coming up to 7 next month - he's probably slept through less than 20 nights since he's been born...
                my daughter is going to be 6 months this friday. She sleeps from 7pm - 10:15. we have to wake her up for a quick feed at 10:15 and she's asleep at 10:45. This morning she was still out of it at 7am. Shes be doing that for around 3/4 months now.

Best thing I have ever done was to have her. she's great.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                  my daughter is going to be 6 months this friday. She sleeps from 7pm - 10:15. we have to wake her up for a quick feed at 10:15 and she's asleep at 10:45. This morning she was still out of it at 7am. Shes be doing that for around 3/4 months now.

Best thing I have ever done was to have her. she's great.
                  Gina Ford?

Comment

Andrew,

when was the last time you had a....

holiday ?

I think you need one.

Try one of the up market all inclusive Greek or Cretian deals.

You'll feel better for it.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X