• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A-grade pupil banned from dance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-grade pupil banned from dance

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6546967.stm

Bugger the reasons for the ban. Who the hell would want to go to a Prom. Is it just another american culture-import.

When I left school, i was glad to see the @rse end of it and the tw@t brained teachers and kids I had to put up with.

Originally posted by Kyajae

Bugger the reasons for the ban. Who the hell would want to go to a Prom. Is it just another american culture-import.

When I left school, i was glad to see the @rse end of it and the tw@t brained teachers and kids I had to put up with.
    Where did you go?
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I was an exchange student in the US (Van Buren, Arkansas to be exact) when i was 17/18 and went to the high school prom.

Load of old bollocks. No booze, no drugs, no fun.

Birds were fit though, and the English accent works wonders in that part of the US...
      Call the cops

Comment

two A grade GCSEs
        Pah! that were equivalent to one barely scraped level 6 O level when I were a lad!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Bleedin' idiotic. Extra lessons are pointless for bright chldren, they would be better off experiencing more of what there is to life than dull target led cramming. This forcing all to attend is just PC crap so unacheivers do not feel singled out for being unacheivers.

Society needs a safety net but make that net too generous and you can hardly be surprised when enormous numbers fall into it. I would not personally force poor acheiving kids to attend either. Personal freedom an' all that. Just restore the good old principle (other than for genuine disability) you don't earn, you don't eat.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

level "6" O level?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              PS Bleedin' idiotic. Extra lessons are pointless for bright chldren, they would be better off experiencing more of what there is to life than dull target led cramming. This forcing all to attend is just PC crap so unacheivers do not feel singled out for being unacheivers..
              Sod the Prom.

I got a lot out of sport at school, and the more important item to me in that article is that she was thrown off the netball team.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

[url]
                As no doubt were they - glad to to see the @rse end of you, that is.
                An chance of you repeating the vanishing act?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

i.e. you couldn't get a date, you had an outbreak of acne, your belt wouldn't buckle over your size 36" waist, and your school colleagues would have given you a reception of eggs & flour had you had the nerve to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Any chance of you repeating the vanishing act?
                    Here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
                    X