• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lying - the source of all agents' power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lying - the source of all agents' power

What is the real source of an agent's power that contractors don't possess (normally)? The answer of course is lying. If only we could learn the secret of how to lie (with a straight face) we'd all be masters of the universe.

I've tried to learn, but am pretty hopeless. Anyone have some good tips for learning how to?

Originally posted by bobhope
    What is the real source of an agent's power that contractors don't possess (normally)? The answer of course is lying. If only we could learn the secret of how to lie (with a straight face) we'd all be masters of the universe.

I've tried to learn, but am pretty hopeless. Anyone have some good tips for learning how to?
    Try wearing one of those niqab veils that muzzie women wear. It works for them!!

Comment

All we need is a lie detection phone system just like the one being used to detect benefit fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope

You are quite right you are obviously sh*t at it.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If you really want to know the source of the agents power, it is that contractors are so driven by self interest (I think you contractors might use the word "greed")that they are happy to put up with the unprofessional behaviour of agencies.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            All we need is a lie detection phone system just like the one that will cost millions in taxpayers money and fail completely to detect benefit fraud by the scrounging tw*ts.
            Yes.

Comment

http://www.jobserve.com/WABD1C4749F8340BC.job

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
                In other words commission only. you will have Denny turning in her grave.

Comment

I was once asked at an interview what I would most like to change about myself.

I was well and truely pissed off by this time and I did one thing I feel I'm pretty good at. I told the truth. "I would like to be able to lie."

Funny how the truth doesn't impress.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
                    I was once asked at an interview what I would most like to change about myself.

I was well and truely pissed off by this time and I did one thing I feel I'm pretty good at. I told the truth. "I would like to be able to lie."

Funny how the truth doesn't impress.
                    They probably thought you were lying

Comment

Working...
                    X